Saturday 29 January 2011

Where will I be In 5 years time?


In five years time I hope to have achieved a full honours degree in photography with a good grade. I want to have moved on to exploring the possibilities in the world, finding my passion. I have always aspired to be a fashion photographer but without a goal for the imagery or inspiration, I feel this would get boring very quickly without being passionate for their purpose.  Tim Walker is my all time inspiration for this career choice. I love his surrealistic twist on fashion and he is clearly a very imaginative human being. Although fashion is my overall life ambition I think I need to appreciate the freedom, travel perhaps or do things I would never do, I basically want to find myself and get inspiration. I don’t want to be another photographer in the world, but someone with a million ideas, enthused to create bigger, bolder imagery, like Tim Walker. Even if it doesn’t make me rich, I will have enjoyed every second of it, rather than have treated it like a job.  The image top left is of my boyfriend and I hope in five years time he is still there filling me with dreams and inspiration like he always has. I consider him a big influence on my life and without his free thinking, enjoy life attitude I would probably not be here today following my dreams. The Wedding photo at the bottom is another area of photography that during this five years I want to explore. I love the idea of turning my ideas into someones lifetime imagery, something they will look back on and remember for the rest of their lives. So I guess the answer to this question is very uncertain but I can tell you something that is undeniable. In five years time I will be doing 'something', loving life, with a camera in my hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment