Tuesday 1 February 2011

The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure. – Sven Goran Eriksson

Today I'm feeling really negative about my skills as a photographer, I've hit several problems regarding my projects and I'm struggling to be positive about overcoming them or finding the enjoyment to carry on. Firstly I messed up the times for my client brief which left me letting down the dancers at the barbican theatre at ridiculously short notice. It caused them no distress but I just feel bad because as a professional I can't make mistakes like that! Secondly I remembered that one of my friends interviewed Louise Sumner, which is why she is probably ignoring my e-mail. It didn't really concern me that I don't get to interview her, because I think a future lecture from her is very likely, so I still get to enjoy what she has to say. I was thinking more on the lines that I tried to arrange a interview with an award winning photographer, yet I don't feel confident to actually 'talk' to people! The interview process is lingering and I just need to suck it up and deal with it... I've made myself a promise that I won't let it get the better of me and I'm just going to e-mail every wedding photographer in the area and just TALK. As long as its planned out what can go wrong? FEAR won't make me FAIL at what I truly love in life!  
- RANT OVER

No comments:

Post a Comment