Thursday 10 February 2011

Stressing over WBL

Today I've checked my inbox to find NOTHING! I've e-mailed 5 photographers now and I've had nothing back. The face to face interview is apparently not an option as the photographers at the "You Look Gorgeous" studio aren't available for interview and Dawson Strange haven't got back to me yet. It is all looking pretty hopeless! Despite the pitfalls my WBL is going ok. I'm now e-mailing more photographers to see if I can get web-based interviews via e-mail, skype or phone. At such short notice, any of these is better than nothing! 


I've found some job opportunities as well which I found really interesting, especially this advert which I found on a studio website "Eileen Mason Photography" which is based in Warsall. I got particularly excited by this add because it is one of the areas of photography I am really keen to explore and it is in commuting distance of my home town.  



TRAINEE PHOTOGRAPHER

The Role
As a Trainee Photographer you will be trained in creating high quality, highly individualistic portraits to a demanding clientele. You will be encouraged by our team of award winning creative Photographers to develop your skills and to deliver a high degree of customer satisfaction.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications
A varied portfolio of current photographs which show evidence of a strong natural eye for design, creativity and composition. Professional qualifications i.e. HND, National Diploma or a Degree in Photography / Art / or design would be an advantage. Experience with clients in a sales or retail capacity would also help.
Personal Attributes
Confidence, talent, ambition, drive and enthusiasm. A people person capable of creating a warm and exciting atmosphere for clients and fellow team members alike.
To Apply
Please forward your CV with an up to date photograph of yourself to careers@eileenmason.co.uk or post to Recruitment at our address below.

After looking at assistant photographer jobs, I think this would be another great way to break into the studio industry. I love portraiture, glamour and fashion shoots and think this is definitely something I would of considered if I weren't already studying photography.  I've e-mailed anyway to ask for possible work experience in the summer. Even if it isn't necessary for  WBL, I would still love to learn all about the running of the business, day to day tasks and of course their tricks for taking such beautiful imagery!



No comments:

Post a Comment