Tuesday 10 April 2012

Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurances

I've been looking at Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurances for the date I aim to photograph the wedding. This will cover my liability for any damage I may cause to another person, or property, accidentally whilst undertaking work. This could be a simple accident such as someone falling over a tripod to being “bumped” with a long lens right through to more serious issues that could leave people scarred or disabled for life.It will also cover me for damages to the photography equipment, this is vitally important as the equipment I will be using will probably be rented from the college and is extremely expensive. Indemnity insurance will cover any failure I might have to do my job, for example, the card gets damaged loosing the pictures of the Wedding day. This will cover any claims made against me, protecting my business and providing compensation to the clients. If this scenario was to unfortunately happen, the payout would be costly as Wedding photographs are considered 'irreplaceable'.


From looking around I've only managed to find yearly cover for such things, the basic package, costing around £250 +. Obviously for one Wedding this wouldn't be cost effective. These are the companies I've been in contact with:


Towergate



Coulson Pritchard.


Another option would be one day insurance but this works out at £50 for the one day and doesn't cover me for as much, this is supplied by http://www.events-insurance.co.uk. Going by the quote from Coulson Pritchard, it works out at £260 for the YEAR so this would be approx £21.60 for one months policy (may be slightly more if theres a charge to pay monthly).

I will see what Towergate say when they get back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment