Thursday 12 April 2012

Meeting with my Uncle and his Fiancé

Today I've met with my uncle and his fiancé at their home in Kidderminster to discuss their wedding plans. Despite them telling me 'to do whatever and they will pay my expenses'. I have told them this is vitally important to the job, I want to be as professional as I would be with any potential client and it makes no difference that they are family.  They were extremely impressed with my knowledge of La Brasserie and the registry office in terms of where we could take photographs and that I had spoken to the venue holders. I had also brought along my laptop so we could discuss what types of images they wanted.  I thought this would be good idea as I do not have a wedding portfolio of my own and I wanted to know what kind of style they were looking for.

We've also discussed potentially going to a different location to do a one on one shoot with the bride and groom. My uncle mark wasn't particularly interested, but his fiancé was! So I have put it in my preliminary plan (in my WBL folder) and left it for them to discuss. In the mean time I will be typing up my plan and looking at costs for Wedding books & prints. We have discussed payment for the day and I said I didn't want to be payed for something that I have no experience for and although I do not doubt my ability, it might not be exactly what they want. Instead I asked for my expenses to be paid, for example cost for insurance and ordering their Wedding book, maybe parking. They have also insisted on paying my travel expenses from Plymouth and back again, which I thought was really nice of them and this would really help me out.

I'm now going to write up some form of  'contract' and send it to them to sign

No comments:

Post a Comment